Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Etoposide

Well, this marks the official end of intensification.

Today we went in for Amaey's Etoposide. We also had a doctor meeting to go over the plan for the next 6 months. They had to hydrate him and give him pre-meds because he had a reaction to this drug. They also decided to administer this medicine at a much slower pace then usual. So our day started at 8:30 in the hospital and we did not get done until 5pm. At some point I had to leave Amaey alone and go pick up Arjun from school and bring him to the hospital.

Arjun was feeling sick, his head was hurting and he threw up as soon as I picked him up. Luckily I knew that he wasn't sick. This is his body's mechanism. If he has a cough or has eaten food that does not agree with him, he can throw up and in few hours he is as good as new. I was sincerely hoping that he was cleansing and not really sick, because he was in the hospital, in Amaey's room while Amaey was getting his chemo.

We finally drive home at 5pm, Arjun fell asleep in the car and when he woke up he was a new person. I was so relieved. I was also happy that Amaey did not get any reactions from the meds and we came home.

No comments: