Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Skyfall

Today on my way to work I was listening to Adele singing Skyfall. It was so mesmerizing. I kept hitting play and rewind until I got to work.
This was the first time I heard it in the intimate setting of my car. It sounded amazing in the movie but today, in my car, it felt like a special performance for me. As soon as I heard the piano playing my eyes teared up, I could see Amaey sitting in the back, looking out the window with one ear listening to the tune and the other taking it in so that he could play it at home.
I wondered if he would like it. If he would like her voice, or the tune, or the piano rhythm better.

I liked it all. I haven't touched the piano since summer. I stopped my lessons because my teacher went on maternity leave. I know she comes back in Feb, will I go back?

I know Amaey would have been preparing for his January performance. Wonder if he would have picked this tune to play? Arjun is performing, he will perform on his electric guitar for the very first time.

I can't get the Skyfall tune out of my head. I find myself swaying and I do see a smile on Amaey's face and I see the gears turning in his head as he sits on the piano... wondering how he will play the tune.

No comments: