Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Checked into our hotel

Amaey and I came in on Monday for his routine labs and possible transfusion but Amaey spiked a fever so they admitted him.  He was in isolation but his tests for infection came back negative so he was really happy to sit by the fountain when Apurva and Arjun stopped by. His fever comes and goes but he is really happy today. His appetite is not back but he seems content.

My parents left for India today, did not want to tell them about Amaey's fever. They are feeling really bad that they could not stay longer and be more helpful. Last time he was in the hospital I did not realize much because when we would go home food was always ready. Dishes were loaded in the dishwasher, laundry done and folded. Late last night when I went home it felt too quiet.

When they were around I would keep fighting with them because they did too much, they never sat down and never let me do anything. Felt a bit much. But I so appreciate everything they do.
Next week my sister from Orlando will be with us for 2 weeks. We might be in the hospital around that time for Amaey's second induction so it will be very helpful for us. Arjun will also have finals, talent show, and graduation around that time so extra hands and feet will be great.

My friend dropped off color explosion 3D for Amaey and he loves it. He really gets into it and it makes him really happy. Today we spent a lot of time looking for piano music on amazon. I heard a snippet of Omar Sossa's new CD and I wanted Amaey to hear it, it was fun to see his expressions.

Tomorrow is day 22 and he has a procedure. The results will dictate the next step in his treatment. They do not expect for him to be in remission but we do hope he is. If he is not in remission they will start his 2nd induction chemo right away. Otherwise he will get a week off and then they will start the chemo at a much smaller dose. They plan to take him first thing in the morning. The procedure tires him out and it is painful too so he does spike a fever so I have a feeling we will be here for a while. Well... we knew it wasn't going to be easy.

No comments: