Monday, November 23, 2009

My parents

My parents left so this time around the juggling has already begun.
Yesterday, I met a mom in the clinic who has a 7yr old daughter going through treatment and 3 more kids at home. She looked so tired. I asked her how she managed without any extra help... I guess we all manage if we have to.
I must say that my parents came at the right time. They arrived in Summer, and I did not realize how tired I was. I took a nap every day for the first month. I felt like I could keep sleeping forever. Then they left for 2 months to visit my brother and sister. During that time I was already recharged.
When they came back to us in September the longer hospital stays began and my teaching job became busier. Amaey got really sick and we decided to home school him. If it weren't for my parents help making all those transitions while keeping my job and managing the last minute dashes to the hospital would have been really hard.

No comments: